Re: New Aircraft: what's cooking?

From:         "M.A. van der Eijk" <M.vanderEijk@LR.TUDelft.NL>
Date:         17 May 95 01:06:26

I assume you have already heard of the New Large Aircraft (NLA) by Boeing.
Boeing is trying to build an aircraft for 600 to 800 pax. Leading
officials in this field are now discussing on new financial constructions
for funding these projects.

During the last 'Albert Plesman memorial conference' a Boeing
representative discussed the two most critical items in the design of
these aircraft being:

1. Demands that are being made on safety issues and performance of both
the aircraft as well as the engines are even higher than on all aircraft
build today

2. As mentioned earlier, funding of these projects can not be done by a
manufacturer alone. Either new financial constructions have to be found or
manufacturers have to start working together (i.e. Boeing and Airbus).

I can provide more specific information on this subject. If you are
interested, please let me know.