777 Question

From:         scottk1204@aol.com (ScottK1204)
Date:         19 Jan 95 22:18:56
Followups:    1 2 3 4 5

A Boeing 777 came to Cheyenne on 1/17/95 for some high altitude testing
and drew quite a crowd of interested observers including us in the control
tower.  Airplanes like that do not come to Cheyenne very often.  Looking
at the airplane I noticed that it seemed to have more dihedral than other
low wing airliners.  I know the reason for dihedral is for stability but
can someone tell my why the 777 seems to have so much.  Also we were
wondering about the stall speed of the airplane (dirty and clean).  When
the airplane left he was airborne in about 4000 feet of runway.  We were
very impressed with the airplanes noise level (very quiet).
SCOTTK1204@AOL.COM