Re: Rudder control & front gear

From: (TriStar500)
Organization: America Online, Inc. (1-800-827-6364)
Date:         12 May 95 03:22:50 
References:   1
Next article
View raw article
  or MIME structure

>What is a 'center gear bogies'?

That's the gear located under the fuselage. The bogies also called TRUCKS
is the structure that the wheels are attached to.

The DC-8-61 has a truck that was hinged at the center and operated by a
hydraulic actuator. When the nose wheel was turned more than 45 degrees,
the truck would 'fold' to help get the airplane turned.