Re: History question:

From:         kls@ohare.Chicago.COM (Karl Swartz)
Date:         12 May 95 03:22:46

>Does anyone know how many (if any) Connies are still flying out there?

I don't know if any are in service or not, but at least one is still
flying -- the "Save-A-Connie", located in Arizona a few years ago and
restored to flying condition, after which it was ferried to Kansas
City for complete restoration.  Two of my uncles were amongst the
retired TWA mechanics who worked on the restoration project, and one
of them flew part of the ferry flight.  These days, it's flying the
airshow circuit as well as showing up in at least one movie.

--
Karl Swartz	|INet	kls@ohare.chicago.com
1-415/854-3409	|UUCP	uunet!decwrl!ditka!kls