Re: History question:

From:         Steve Lacker <slacker@arlut.utexas.edu>
Date:         12 May 95 03:22:46
Followups:    1 2 3 4 5

Speaking of the beautiful Connies, is there any truth to a rumor I
heard some time ago that one of President Eisenhower's 'Columbine'
Constellations was going to be restored? (or was it that another airframe
going to be made into a 'Columbine' replica) Does anyone know how many
(if any) Connies are still flying out there? I know a few of their
contemporaries (DC-6 and DC-7's) are still hauling freight in the Bahamas
and third world. What about flyable Super Constellations? I shudder
to think of the cost of keeping the Turbo-Compound Wrights running today,
so I suppose a DC-7C would be about as rare as a Super Connie.

SL