Re: Big hailstorm at DFW

From:         chucko@eskimo.com (Charles Albertson)
Date:         08 May 95 02:09:07

tristar500@aol.com (TriStar500) writes:

>Most of the DL airplanes that were damaged are back in service. AA was
>saying up to two weeks before their schedule would be back to normal.

>In all, just short of 100 airplanes (all carriers) were damaged.

>This storm is being called the worst in Texas history.

My morning flight from DFW to Seattle yesterday (Friday) was in a beater
DC-10, rather then the scheduled 757. I'm not whining about it (tons of
empty rows), but with the extra crew and fuel costs, and probably a
higher landing fee at Sea-Tac for that flight alone, it's going to prove
a very expensive storm. And (having just woken up and turned on the
news), it looks like an even worse storm hit after I took off...