Re: Aircraft Turnaround

From:         tssmith@netcom.com (Tim Smith)
Date:         05 May 95 03:27:17

pleavin@hk.super.net (Mr Ted Pleavin) writes:
>The cockpit crew are busy doing prefilght checks as well, which
>ussally includes a walk arround and loading the navigation information.
>About 20 minutes before departure the passengers show up and you know the
>rest.  :-)

Are actual walkarounds still done by aircrew? I tend to watch what
happens before flights that I take, and in the past 15 years or so, I
can't ever remember seeing the flight crew go to the ground and walk
around the aircraft. I'm not saying that they never do, just that I
have never seen it. What is the SOP for commercial aircarriers?

--Tim (tssmith@netcom.com)