Re: Big hailstorm at DFW

From:         tristar500@aol.com (TriStar500)
Date:         05 May 95 03:27:13

>Delta has a sizeable hub at DFW, of course, and I'm a bit surprised to
>see no mention of damage to their aircraft.

Delta had about 12 aircraft damaged and ASA about 4. Damage was mainly to
composite surfaces - more Boeing aircraft were damaged than Douglas - they
have more composites. Several airplanes were ferried to ATL. The newest
MD90 (ship 9205) also got hit.

Most of the DL airplanes that were damaged are back in service. AA was
saying up to two weeks before their schedule would be back to normal.

In all, just short of 100 airplanes (all carriers) were damaged.

This storm is being called the worst in Texas history.