Visits to flight deck during flight (was Re: The future of "pilots")

From:         jdd@db.toronto.edu (John DiMarco)
Date:         27 Apr 95 03:00:28

geohull@ditell.com (George Hull) writes:

>I think that there were some misconceptions transmitted here.  I fly the
>767 for a major airline.  I'm interested that you were talking to the
>pilots during the flight . . that ain't allowed by regs.  On the ground
>it's OK, but in flight we're not supposed to allow access to the flight
>deck to unauthorized people.

Not all airlines prohibit visitors to the flight deck while in the air.
Both Air Canada and Canadian Airlines permits it, at the pilots' discretion,
of course.

Regards,

John
--
John DiMarco <jdd@cdf.toronto.edu>                        Office: EA201B
Computing Disciplines Facility Systems Manager            Phone: 416-978-1928