Re: Booster Engines

From:         David Lednicer <dave@amiwest.com>
Date:         16 Jan 95 21:39:09

	In regards to using JATO bottles as boosters -
Fairchild/Swearingen Metros have provision for a JATO bottle in the tail
cone.  The idea is to trigger it if you loose an engine on take off.  I
think that this is mainly for hot & high operations and I have yet to see
a Metro with the JATO bottle actually installed.  If you're ever in the
cockpit of a Metro, look for the JATO switch - its there on the
instrument panel, usually with a placard announcing that the JATO is not
installed.