Re: Booster engines

From:         kls@ohare.Chicago.COM (Karl Swartz)
Date:         16 Jan 95 21:39:09

>I worked on a boeing 727 which was built with JATO rockets installed. I don't
>know who owned the aircraft before they were removed but it is now owned By
>Royal Airlines out of Montreal Canada.

As of about a year ago, Royal had six 727s, all -200 Advanced models.
Two were built for CP Air, and one each for Singapore, Mexicana,
Sterling, and Ansett (Australia).  None of these seem likely to have
ordered anything as exotic as you describe, and tracing the registry
of these six aircraft turned up nothing notable either.

(Another post in this thread seems to indicate the ex-Mexicana one.)

--
Karl Swartz	|INet	kls@ohare.chicago.com
1-415/854-3409	|UUCP	uunet!decwrl!ditka!kls