Why land then take off immediately?

From:         C Huckle <cch@castle.ed.ac.uk>
Date:         20 Apr 95 01:51:55

Does anyone have an explanation for what I saw recently at Dublin
airport? I was watching aircraft landing on one of the runways, and was
surprised to see a FedEx 747 land, run along the runway for 100 yards or
so, and then lift off again. It then climbed to the level of the clouds,
and instead of disappearing into them like other aircraft I had watched,
it levelled off and began to bank. Later, I saw what I assume was the
same plane on the ground at one of the gates alongside passenger
airliners.
Was this some kind of test, or does it suggest that the plane
encountered difficulties in slowing down on the runway?

Chris.