Re: TAROM Airbus A310 reportedly crashes (in Romania?)

From:         bhorne@mpd.tandem.com (Bill Horne)
Date:         15 Apr 95 11:38:17

Hakon Arnar Hakonarson <aviation@ismennt.is> wrote:
[deleted]
>It's very sad to see the word "Pilot Error" being used when we should
>use the word HUMAN ERROR.  Pilot's are human beings, and as such, are
>NOT perfect.  When discussing aircraft accidents, we can do more damage
>than good, by simply calling it "Pilot Error".  Between 70-80% of all
[deleted]
I suggest you think of it as meaning, "The HUMAN that was the pilot
made an ERROR." For the record, I'm against your idea.  I'm in favor
of action to reduce or eliminate error, but when a pilot makes a
boo-boo, then it is pilot error, regardless of the rationalizations
applied. To call it otherwise runs the risk of laying the blame
in the wrong place.

--
| Bill Horne                                                             |
| Tandem Computers Incorporated           Internet: bhorne@mpd.tandem.com|