Re: 747 question

From:         bradg@io.org (Brad Gillies)
Date:         13 Apr 95 10:46:54

Bill Hensley <bhensley@oceo.trw.com> wrote:
>fmcdave@aol.com (FMCDave) wrote:

>Actually, there is a hatch in the bottom of the aircraft just
>aft of the nose gear.  You climb up on the nose tires (the real
>way) or up a ladder (the "book" way).  This takes you into the
>avionics bay in the forward lower lobe.  On a commercial bird,
>the cargo area would be aft of the avionics bay.

>In an E-4B, there is a stairway leading up to the main deck just
>aft of the avionics bay.  I don't have any idea how you would get
>to the main deck on a commercial bird or freighter.

On the Commercial bird you would get to the top of the ladder and turn
left. Here you will find another ladder.  There is a hatch at the top
of this ladder which will be covered by carpet (if you are lucky this
will be cut to fit the hatch) turn the handle and push up. Voila..
Main deck. Just forward of the L-1 door beside the staircase.

--
Brad Gillies    Bradg@io.org
http://www.io.org/~bradg/