Re: 747 question

From:         ztomcich@osf1.gmu.edu (ZACHARY R. TOMCICH)
Date:         13 Apr 95 10:46:54

okay i'm back again.  As i understand it these three young girls (12yo)
enter though the nose gear hatch.  They are explorers, and though far
fetched i feel it is in character.  I'm am very anal about details though
because i hate when story writers screw them up.  Lets not forget die
hard II.

I understand that the main doors are armed via arming switch .  How about
the window seats or upper deck doors?  I'm wondering if they can be
deployed unintentially by the girls.  If they are deployed does any sort
of alarm go off?  Is there a slide that goes from the upper deck to the
ground?  (if so i'd LOVE to go down it).  I'm looking for any details
first hand about the interior passageway from the nose gear to the
cabin.  What does one see?  Is there are there any ghost lights on
board?  Can someone 4'6" climb the nosegear?  Is the hatchway locked?  Is
the flight deck cockpit locked?  Would the girls find those inflateable
life jackets under the seats of are the seats used as floatable
cushions?  After being abandoned in an airyard would there be any rodents
on board?  any old food or bad smells?

And finally can someone describe an airyard itself?  does it look like an
airport- totally paved?? are there storm sewers in which they could get
through?  Any gaurd dogs?  are they usually very rural or are they close
to homes and houses?

the story i am writing is similar to a stand by me story about 3 young
girls who leave for a weekend and explore together and in doing so share
tramatic stories and experiences.  The location is completely unimportant
but i think exploring an airyard can be quite nastalgic (sp?).  if i had
lived next to one as a 12 yo i'm sure i would have visited it a few
times.  and as i said i hate when writers get this wrong.  This isn't
anything huge- just a for a playwriting class.  But any details about the
aircraft would be appriciated.

Thanks for all who have responded.  It has been helpful.

--
-Ziggy
Last of the Zigatarian Zigmeisters