Re: TAROM A310 accident

From:         geohull@ditell.com (George Hull)
Date:         09 Apr 95 22:37:13

wendler@lia.univ-savoie.fr wrote:

> 2.- Who is the worst carrier in terms of (# of total lost / #
>     aircrafts built) ? (I could imagine in order of importance:
>     Boeing, Douglas Company, Airbus ?

You might be interested in articles published in Aviation Week within the
last couple of months dealing with the problems associated with automated
aircraft.  You might change the order that you proposed.  I suppose that
Boeing has suffered a larger number of hull losses because they built more
. . I wouldn't care to guess the ratios, however.  The articles I
mentioned are very interesting and deal with philosophical issues as they
overlap with engineering issues.

Geo