Re: TAROM Airbus A310 reportedly crashes (in Romania?)

From:         aviation@ismennt.is (Hakon Arnar Hakonarson)
Date:         09 Apr 95 22:37:13

I'm a graduate from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Daytona Beach,
Florida.  My degree is B.S. Aeronautical Science with a Minor in
Aviation and Aerospace Safety.

It's very sad to see the word "Pilot Error" being used when we should
use the word HUMAN ERROR.  Pilot's are human beings, and as such, are
NOT perfect.  When discussing aircraft accidents, we can do more damage
than good, by simply calling it "Pilot Error".  Between 70-80% of all
aircraft accidents are related to HUMAN FACTORS.  Let's concentrate on
that fact, and work with our Engineers in Ergonomics to make this
industry an even safer one.

Hakon Arnar Hakonarson (REK)
Iceland