Re: Underfloor Lounge in PSA L1011's?

From:         watson@win.tue.nl (Bruce W. Watson)
Date:         09 Apr 95 22:37:13

sthomson@MO.NET (Steven G. Thomson) writes:
>I took some photos of a pair of Worldways Canada L1011's in Toronto a few
>years back. These aircraft were both ex-PSA, and had been stored in the
>desert for quite some time. Visible in my photos, just behind the nose
>gear, was a large bulge in the fuselage.

>Were these L1011's ever operated on this shuttle, and if so, was the
>lounge actually used?

This is fascinating. I can't tell you whether they were ever used on the
shuttle route...but I can tell you that I spent a couple of weekends in the
Summer of 1989 flying in those particular L1011's between Manchester (UK)
and Toronto. The downstairs lounges was indeed in use --- I spent a good
4 hours there per flight. It seemed like a bizarre idea, but it worked out
really well.

Bruce.

--
Bruce Watson