Re: A320 and Noisy Hydraulic Pumps

From:         Jennings Heilig <jheilig@gate.net>
Date:         07 Apr 95 03:09:13

I don't know about DC-10s, but I recently flew a CVG-ATL segment on a
Delta 727-200 and almost lost my mind while we were being de-iced (about
45 minutes).  I was in about row 35 (aft of the wing) and there was the
most god-awful squeel going on I couldn't stand it.  There was a
deadheading 727 captain in the next row forward, and when I asked him
what the noise was, he told me it was a hydaulic pump.  The noise sounded
like it was coming from overhead, but obviously it must have been
travelling through the cabin and only sounded that way.

Cheers,

Jennings Heilig