Re: TAROM Airbus A310 reportedly crashes (in Romania?)

From:         kls@ohare.Chicago.COM (Karl Swartz)
Date:         07 Apr 95 03:09:12

>What I found interesting, was that an airline official interview at the
>airport, while the wreckage was still burning, has ruled out pilot error
>as a possible cause!

He was probably racing to get that out before Bernard Zeigler (Exec.
VP - Engineering of Airbus) said it couldn't *possibly* be either the
aircraft or the weather, hence it *must* be pilot error.  (Ziegler did
this after the Indian Airlines A320 crash at Bangalore, only a few
hours after the crash, long before even the most superficial investi-
gations had been done.)

--
Karl Swartz	|INet	kls@ohare.chicago.com
1-415/854-3409	|UUCP	uunet!decwrl!ditka!kls