Re: 747 question

From:         Bill Hensley <bhensley@oceo.trw.com>
Date:         27 Mar 95 01:29:50

fmcdave@aol.com (FMCDave) wrote:

> I believe the only way in or out is through the stair truck through one of
> the main cabin doors.

Actually, there is a hatch in the bottom of the aircraft just
aft of the nose gear.  You climb up on the nose tires (the real
way) or up a ladder (the "book" way).  This takes you into the
avionics bay in the forward lower lobe.  On a commercial bird,
the cargo area would be aft of the avionics bay.

In an E-4B, there is a stairway leading up to the main deck just
aft of the avionics bay.  I don't have any idea how you would get
to the main deck on a commercial bird or freighter.

Bill Hensley
bhensley@oceo.trw.com

Standard disclaimers.