Re: Lounges

From:         sthomson@MO.NET (Steven G. Thomson)
Date:         27 Mar 95 01:29:48

I have photos of the first American Airlines DC-10-10's, that show a
stand up lounge in the rear of the coach section.

FYI, I was in the cabin of N141US, when it stopped at McDonnell Douglas
in Toronto, during its proving runs, in the early 70's. It had a MD
paint scheme, and was designated as a -20. The cabin was full of test
equipment and water ballast barrels, and "Experimental" decals were
installed over every entry door.

Steven

Cole Pierce (pierce@pat.mdc.com) wrote:
: >CO had their Pub Service on their longhaul DC10s as late as 1990, and may
: >have added this to their ex-PE 747s.

: Actually, Continental's shorthaul DC10-10s were the ones with the lounge (if
: one can call any DC-10 a shorthaul <g>).

: >>> been there, done that <<<