Re: Inflight engine shutdowns vs. speedups?

From:         tristar500@aol.com (TriStar500)
Date:         22 Mar 95 02:34:23

>As I recall, a real-life example of this was on a Delta 767 (757?)
>out of LAX where the pilots inadvertently did this on climb-out ...

It was a 767-200. On climbout the crew got an EEC status message and
instead of unlatching the EEC switches - at that time mounted right above
the fuel switches, since moved to the overhead panel - went for the
shut-off switches. Airplane continued to CVG with the RAT out and
passengers in life vests. Major brain cramp on the part of the crew.