Re: Ice Detection

From:         atlntaferg@aol.com (AtlntaFerg)
Date:         17 Mar 95 12:58:03

>I am looking for information about an individual, company, university,
>or any other type of organization which may be doing research in the
>area of detecting the formation of ice. Not why does ice form, but the
>actual detection of it, i.e., icing conditions on road surface, air
>craft, etc.

One method for detecting ice that I am aware of involves the use of a
vibrating wire which has a given frequency when extended into the air
stream.  When contaminated with ice, the frequency changes.  This is
detected with electronics and an icing warning issued.

Steve F.
Steve Ferguson  (AtlntaFerg@AOL.COM)