Re: EPR on C5A

From:         bradg@io.org (Brad Gillies)
Date:         14 Mar 95 02:34:35

Willlllbur <ca385e07@nova.umuc.edu> wrote:
>I would like to impart some knowledge regarding EPR and the GE TF-39
>engines installed of the Lockheed C5-Galaxy.
<snip>

The EPR instrument range on the C5 is 1.0 to 7.0 EPR.

<snip>

AS I understand it NO GE engine equipped aircraft use EPR as
a measure of engine thrust.  P&W, RR use EPR as the main indication
of thrust.  GE using N1.  As well I have never seen EPR indication
as high as 7.0 even for TOGA , A normal TOGA thrust EPR
would be around 2.0 +-. The 747-200 EPR indication only reads
to 1.8 in the P&W JT9D-7j engine. That aircraft is comparable to
the C5 in size and power.

Brad Gillies    Bradg@io.org
http://www.io.org/~bradg/
Compuserve: 74163,2040
Leading Edge Aviation Services
My opinions are mine all mine.I won't let
anyone else take credit or blame.