Lounges

From:         Eric Olesen <olesen@metronet.com>
Date:         08 Mar 95 02:59:50

Subject: Re: 747-400F
Newsgroups: sci.aeronautics.airliners
Karl Swartz (kls@ohare.Chicago.COM) wrote:
: The upstairs lounge on the 747 was F class only, but United also had
: a "Friendship Room" coach lounge at the front of the coach cabin (on
: the main deck), and another lounge aft.  I'm sure United was far from
: unique, but they're the only ones for which I have a solid reference
: handy.  Their DC-10s also had F and Y class lounges when they entered
: service.

AA had their piano bar upstairs on the 747, but also had a coach lounge
for a while during the 70's.

CO had their Pub Service on their longhaul DC10s as late as 1990, and may
have added this to their ex-PE 747s.

|  Eric Olesen         |  Airline Historical Archives under construction    |
|  olesen@metronet.com |  but now available  (includes AA & PeoplExpress)   |
|  Fort Worth, Tx      |  http://fohnix.metronet.com/~olesen/homepage.html  |
|    "Views expressed here do not represent the airline that I work for!    |