Re: 747-400F

From:         dorfman@netcom.com (Merlin Dorfman)
Date:         04 Mar 95 23:27:45

Mary Shafer (shafer@news.dfrf.nasa.gov) wrote:

: I do know that the gossip when 747s entered commercial service was
: that the airlines weren't willing to bet too much on it working and
: that was why the original 747 upper decks didn't have revenue seats in
: them.  Rather, they were lounges.  Bars, card tables, live
: entertainment.  Those of you who've only flown since deregulation
: don't know what you've missed.

     First-class lounges only, as I recall. Those of us who fly "steerage"
only got to see them on the ground, when the crew would occasionally
conduct a tour.

:       DoD #362 KotFR
        What does that mean??

                                      Merlin Dorfman