Re: 747-400F

From:         kls@ohare.Chicago.COM (Karl Swartz)
Date:         03 Mar 95 02:27:49

>> Getting people in and out of the upper deck might be a bitch,
>> however.

>Not any worse than it already is on a 747 with the stretched upper deck.

For an emergency evacuation situation, you're right, but not for
normal boarding and deplaning.  To my knowledge, no airline uses
the upper doors for anything other than emergencies -- in normal
operation, passengers board on the main deck then go up the stairs
to the upper deck.  In the configuration Robert suggested, cargo
is on the main deck so you probably don't even *have* the stairs
and would thus be forced to board via the upper doors.

--
Karl Swartz	|INet	kls@ohare.chicago.com
1-415/854-3409	|UUCP	uunet!decwrl!ditka!kls