Re: Boeing System Enables 747s To Navigate By Satellite

From:         Mike <zeus@myth.demon.co.uk>
Date:         21 Dec 95 03:33:14

           jheilig@gate.net "Jennings Heilig" writes:

> At long last (or is that lat/long last?), the FAA has joined the 20th
> Century and realized that GPS and not MLS is the wave of the future?

A couple of years ago one of the GPS sats faulted without an error being
detected for some time (about two days if I remember correctly). This
resulted in my Uni. ground station (about 60 miles inland) being positioned
about 80 miles into the North Sea. I would imagine that it has taken this
long for error detection to become satisfactory.

Mike