Re: Virgin's 747s: emergency escape markings

From:         barr@netcom.com (Keith Barr)
Date:         20 Dec 95 15:52:04

>but of course can't find them when I want them!  They mark the corners
>of a rectangle and include verbiage along the lines of "cut here in
>emergency."  I've never seen them on anything other than Virgin's 747s.

Our C-130 has these markings.  They mark areas of the fuselage where there
is just skin and insulation between the passenger (yes, we are gibbering
cargo in our Herc) compartment and outside.  Specifically, there are no
electrical, hydraulic, or pneumatic lines through these areas.  I have been
informed that the crash axe in the cockpit will slice through these areas
quite easily.  I hope I never have to find out if that is correct or not.
--
Keith Barr                                       COMM AS&MEL/IA/A&IGI AERO/EIT
barr@netcom.com                                          Westminster, Colorado