Re: Aircraft Riveting Process

From:         shevell@leland.stanford.edu (Richard Shevell)
Date:         23 Feb 95 02:12:19

eliscio@hermes.acs.ryerson.ca (Eugenio Liscio - AERE/W94) wrote:

> I am working on my undergraduate thesis which has to do with the
> upsetting of aluminum slug rivets.  These are used at McDonnell Douglas
> Canada Limited to rivet the stringers to the wingskin of MD-11/DC-10
> aircraft. If anyone has any information on aerospace fasteners (esp. rivets)
> I'd sure like to get a hold of it.

Try contacting Professor Walter Vincente at e-mail
HF.MKM@Forsythe.stanford.edu Professor Vincente has specialized on the
history of technology since he retired as an aerodynamicist and wrote a
paper on the history of riveting a few years ago.  Whether he can help on
your particular riveting process may be a question but it is worth a try.
--
Richard Shevell
Email: shevell@leland.stanford.edu