Re: The Regional Jet order update. OCT 1995.

From:         logier@qus102.qld.npb.telecom.com.au (Rob Logie)
Date:         04 Dec 95 01:15:01

ehahn@bass.mitre.org (Ed Hahn) writes:
>One humorous note:  At one airline early in the BAe-146 service,
>the "BAe" in was understood to mean "Bring Another engine", as there
>were problems bringing the engines into service - the gas generator
>section was originally designed as an APU...

I have been told that the BAE146's being a four engined airplane is
just a rumour.  The are really a tri-jet with a spare ..... |-)

Cheers

--
Rob Logie,                        | The opinions expressed are mine alone and in
Telstra Corp.     ACN 051 775 556 | no-way reflect the views or policies of the