Re: AA BDL MD-80 Incident

From:         ctchknman@aol.com (CTchknman)
Date:         29 Nov 95 01:36:20

although the conditions may have seemed extreme to you, I can only assume
you are not a commercial airline pilot. These conditions, although less
than desirable, were well within the day in and day out parameters of the
aircraft, pilots, and runway. This is the weather we make our living in.
Although the wind was strong, it was relatively down the runway. With a
20- 45 kt headwind componant, the groundspeed was not a factor for a 6900
ft, runway. The crosswind componant was also quite small. The problem
seems to be an incorrect altimeter setting/ indication problem as the
pilots were 300 ft. lower than they thought.