Re: HELP: TCAS ALGORITHM NEEDED

From:         paolo.saccuman@jrc.it (Paolo Saccuman)
Date:         15 Feb 95 03:42:22

Some month ago, I have carried out a series of simulation on
the effect of the TCAS intervention during an approach
procedure.
For this purpose I have developed a model of the TCAS II
based on the release 6.0 of the system logic.

The FAA-approved logic is published by the
Radio Technical Commission for Aeronautics in the document:

"Minimum Operational Performance Standards For
Traffic Alert And Collision Avoidance System
(TCAS) Airborne Equipement"
Volume I & II
Document No. RTCA/DO - 185
Last revision: September 6, 1990.

Copy of the document can be obtained from:

RTCA SECRETARIAT
One McPherson Square
1425 K Street, N.W.
Suite 500
Washington D.C. 20005
(202) 682-0266

The price of the document is 60.00 $.

In detail, volume II contains the required collision avoidance
algorithm, both as high-level pseudocode, to convey the functional
design, and as low-level pseudocode, to serve as a detailed
specification.

Another document in which the system logic is presented, even if
in a more descriptive way, is:

"Introduction to TCAS II"

published by FAA.

I hope that these suggestions can be helpful for your work.

					Paolo Saccuman

# European Commission
# Joint Research Centre
# Institute for Systems Engineering and Informatics
# I - 21020  Ispra  (Va)  Italy
# E-mail:  paolo.saccuman@jrc.it