Re: The Regional Jet order update. OCT 1995.

From:         rvriet@rwm.nl (Ronald van Riet)
Date:         29 Nov 95 01:36:17

spagiola <spagiolaworldbank.org@minerva.worldbank.org> wrote:

>In any case, the Avro RJ is very much improved.  Do you think airlines
>like Lufthansa and Crossair would buy them in large numbers in preference
>to the Fokker jetline series if they were poor aircraft?

>Stefano

That's one thing I cannot figure out (but being Dutch I may be
prejudiced):

why buy a four-engined plane which is more expensive to operate
instead of a two-engined, just as quiet and (from personal experience)
with a much higher passenger comfort.

I do mean, of course, the Fokker Jetliner series....

Especially in the case of Crossair: Swissair had the Fokker 100,
Crossair (its subsidiary) the 145; now who owns who???

Many happy landings

Ronald van Riet