BAe146 (aka Avroliner RJxx) ditching?

From:         ckd@loiosh.kei.com (Christopher Davis)
Date:         12 Jan 95 01:56:03

TDD> == Terrell D Drinkard <drinkard@bcstec.ca.boeing.com>

 TDD> [...] it eliminates high-wing configurations from study because of
 TDD> their notoriously bad ditching characteristics.

So what's the deal with the BAe 146 (the only "Western" commercial
jetliner I can think of with a high wing)?

As I recall from my flights on a Business Express (Delta Connection) 146,
the evacuation cards indicate that you should use whichever side's exit is
higher after a ditching.

Obviously this cuts the number of usable exits dramatically, but are there
any other problems with ditching?
--
 Christopher Davis * <ckd@kei.com> | "It's 106 ms to Chicago, we've got a full
 http://www.kei.com/homepages/ckd/ |  disk of GIFs, half a meg of hypertext,