longer range stretched 747-400?

From:         Stephen L Nicoud <stephen.nicoud@boeing.com>
Date:         09 Nov 95 02:19:09

November 7, 1995
NEWS DIGEST
3. REUTER (Nov. 6) - Boeing is in talks with a number of its customers to
investigate the market potential of a longer range, stretched version of its
successful 747-400 aircraft, president Ron Woodard said. At a news
conference in Amsterdam to sign a previously announced order for eight new
737-800 aircraft with Dutch airline Transavia, Woodard said Boeing aims to
discover what the market is looking for in a revamped 747. "We're talking to
a bunch of customers about what happens with this aircraft, and at this
early stage it's clear there is some demand for a longer range 747. We would
have to make this aircraft competitive with today's 747-400 series, so we've
allocated people to look into this."

Stephen
--
Stephen L Nicoud  <Stephen.Nicoud@atc.Boeing.Com>
This message does not necessarily represent the views of The Boeing Company.