727 with larger tail-top engine?

From:         kls@ohare.Chicago.COM (Karl Swartz)
Date:         03 Nov 95 02:51:37

>I flew in to Jackson, Mississippi several times recently, and
>each time I saw a Federal Express or UPS (I don't recall which)
>727 which appeared to have a slightly larger tail-top engine.

Sounds like one of the UPS 727-100s re-engined by Dee Howard with
Rolls-Royce Tay 651 engines.  About half of their -100s have been
done, with the remainder being done in fairly short order.  (All
of their -200s still have the original JT8Ds.  FedEx still has
JT8Ds on all their 727s.)

--
Karl Swartz	|Home	kls@chicago.com