727 with larger tail-top engine?

From:         libove@libove.mindspring.com (Jay Vassos-Libove)
Date:         03 Nov 95 02:51:37
Followups:    1 2 3

I flew in to Jackson, Mississippi several times recently, and
each time I saw a Federal Express or UPS (I don't recall which)
727 which appeared to have a slightly larger tail-top engine.
That is, the engine on top of the tail seemed to have a larger inlet
(the front few feet of the engine) and then the rest of the cylinder
was slightly smaller.

Am I imagining this, or has FedEx/UPS/whoever modified some 727's
such that the engine casings are different sizes from e.g. Delta's 727's
which don't have that larger leading edge of the tail-top engine?

Thanks
--
Jay Vassos-Libove			libove@MindSpring.com
11575 Laurel Lake Drive			+1 404 552 0543