Re: Has anyone ridden Comair's CRJ??

From:         mps1@cec.wustl.edu (Mihir Pramod Shah)
Date:         13 Feb 95 01:44:21

John A Yorke <jayorke@julian.uwo.ca> wrote:
>Has anyone ridden on Comair's CRJ jet?  I've seen them in Aviation Week but I
>haven't had the privledge of flying one yet.  Perhaps someone who has
>can give me their opinions on the aircraft.  Post in this newsgroup so people
>can hear your thoughts.  Oh, by the way, I was wondering if the CRJ can use
>the covered walkways at the airport or if passengers must brave the elements.
>Probably not since it has those stairs built in.

Check out rec.travel.air.  There are a few accounts of experiences of CRJs.
They've generally been quite favorable, the only small complaint being that
they're a little short on overhead bin space.  I haven't been on one, but
people have said they ride very low to the ground, and are as comfortable as an
average DC-9 or 727.  Personally I like the fact that the CRJ is making great
headway in the commuter market, even opening up new ones or re-opening old ones
that have been abandoned.  Connections to covered walkways are probably not
feasible because of their built-in stairways (as you said) and the fact that
they ride very close to the ground.  Too bad, because it would have made the
CRJ the first true commuter jet that feels like a big one.

Mihir Shah
mps1@cec.wustl.edu