Re: Climb rates for airliners

From:         skyesis@portal.com
Date:         03 Nov 95 02:51:34

In article <airliners.1995.1664@ohare.Chicago.COM>, <dpw@dircon.co.uk> writes:
> In my personal opinion, I think they should bring back the pure jet!
> ---
> Daniel Wilder
> dpw@dircon.co.uk

I still fly a Lear 25 over here in the U.S.A.  It will shake the squirrles out
of the trees if you leave the throttles up.  Almost every takeoff I make in
this type is Takeoff Power to 1500 feet AGL and then Flaps up, Power to 88%,
pitch for 500 fpm ROC with the Airspeed falling where it may.  This keeps most
of the noise inside the airport boundary.  This procedure requires a minimum of
25 degrees nose up (until 1500 feet) so you have to brief the passengers on
what to expect lest their pacemakers get a sever stroking.

- Bill