B777 order list

From:         Andrew Chuang <chuanga@iia2.org>
Date:         03 Nov 95 02:51:29

(No, the -100 has not been launched.  I'm only anticipating it.)

                          GE                P&W               R-R
Airline             100 200 300 Opt   100 200 300 Opt   100 200 300 Opt
United                                     34      34
British                  15      15
Thai Int'l                                                    8
All Nippon                                 18  10   7
Emirates                                                      7       7
Japan                                      10   5  10
Lauda                     4       0
EuralAir                  2       0
Cathay Pacific                                                4   7  11
ILFC                      6       2
China Southern            6       0
Japan Air System                            7       0
Continental               5       5
Korean Air                                  4   4   8
Saudia                   23       0
Total                    61      22        73  19  59        19   7  18

Orders w/ undecided powerplant

Airline             100 200 300 Opt
EgyptAir                  3       0
Total                     3       0

Grand total   Firm   Option
777-100          0
777-200        156     99
777-300         26
               182     99

Letters of Intent

Airline             100 200 300 Opt
Thai Int'l                   6   2
Korean Air                   4  -4
China Airlines           4       0
EVA Airways              4       4
Air China               10
Total                   18  10   2

Grand total
Grand total   Firm   Option
777-100          0
777-200        174    101
777-300         36
               210    101

Potential customers: Air-India, Malaysia, Qantas, Singapore, South Africa,
                     Virgin Atlantic, KLM, American, Delta, LOT

Related news:

1. British Airways has yet to receive the GE90-powered B777.  I read that
   November 12 was a possible delivery date.  However, according to a
   British paper (I believe it's the Guardian), the delay could be as long
   as four months.  China Southern was also due to take delivery of its
   first GE90-powered B777.

2. All Nippon received its first PW4084-powered B777 in October.  It will
   be placed into domestic service in December.

3. Cathay Pacific seems to have replaced Thai International as the first
   operator to receive the Trent 800-powered B777 from Boeing early next
   year.

4. It seems Boeing is ready to launch the 777-100X next year and in service
   by 1999.

--
  H Andrew Chuang   chuanga@iia2.org