Re: A310, low visibility landing in Zurich, Switzerland

From:         Dimitrios Tombros <tombros@ifi.unizh.ch>
Date:         31 Oct 95 00:31:41

>>- Can airliners land at Zurich-Kloten in zero visibility? What is
>>the equipment at an airport required for zero visibility landings called?

Equipment for 0 visibility landing is available in at least one runway at
Kloten. I think this is runway 14 used for most of commercial flight landings
and not used for take-offs.

>>- Can an A310 land in zero visibility? What is the equipment in an airliner
>>required for zero visibility landings called?

Swissair A310s, MD-11s and I think some A320s and MD-90s are equipped for
0-visibility landings.

--
Dimitrios Tombros 			  Database Technology Research Group
e-mail: tombros@ifi.unizh.ch			 Computer Science Department