Singapore Airlines A310 replacement

From:         chuanga@wis.com (Andrew Chuang)
Date:         13 Oct 95 01:30:25

If you have followed my postings, you should know that I'm very
obsessed with the A330/340 vs. B777 competition.  Here is some news
concerning Singapore Airlines' order:

According to Singapore's newspaper (Strait Times), Boeing felt that it
had an even chance against Airbus in the race to win Singapore Airlines'
$5 billion order of 33 twins.

Also, it was reported in Flight International that SIA was asking for
a new bidding because the new order had been revised to include
B777-300-sized aircraft (which Airbus does not have) as a part of the
regional aircraft replacement.  However, SIA is not interested in the
A-market B777 because of its possible low resale value.  Thus, if SIA
is going to order the B777, it will be a mixture of the B-market -200
and the -300 (and the B-market aircraft will be "misused").

Personally, I think B777-300 will be a big hit in Asia.  It'll be foolish
for SIA to overlook the B777.

--
  H Andrew Chuang   chuanga@iia2.org