Re: EMI levels possible due to airborne military jammers?

From:         rickydik@ix.netcom.com (Ralph Ricks )
Date:         28 Sep 95 03:52:46

In <airliners.1995.1509@ohare.Chicago.COM> dmacdoug@aol.com (DMacDoug)
writes:
>Does anyone have any knowledge of the EMI levels which could be
>encountered in flight, due to presence of airborne electronic
>countermeasures (jammers)?
Don't know about that, but I have often seen a "spoke" on a weather
radar in an airliner that points right to a mil. base or ship.

Also, there have been cases of the mil. in Nevada playing games:
"Four targets approaching at high speed from four different directions
at our altitude on TCAS display.  ATC said no other traffic in area."
This ceased after some ex-mil. airline pilots with USAF contacts were
alerted.