Re: Inflight entertainment

From:         bogart@sabre.larc.nasa.gov (Ed Bogart)
Date:         08 Feb 95 01:21:19

In article <airliners.1995.142@ohare.Chicago.COM>, cagtec@aol.com (CAGTEC)
writes:

> Does anyone have any experience with multimedia inflight entertainment
> systems.  Are they as good as they say they are?  I would especially be
> interested in hearing about products built by Matsushita, Philips, B/E
> Aerospace and Hughes.

I flew one leg of a USAir flight on a new 737-400(?) last November.  It had
the latest in multimedia phone/FAX/TV/videogame system in the seatbacks.  I
didn't try any of it because it was EXPENSIVE.  Every function was $1 or
more.  Even on a short flight, I think you could blow more than the price of
your ticket.

Ed