Re: Where did all the air vents go?

From:         Michael.Page@sci.monash.edu.au (Michael Page)
Date:         18 Sep 95 12:06:52

In article <airliners.1995.1457@ohare.Chicago.COM> rdd@netcom.com (Robert Dorsett) writes:
>In article <airliners.1995.1454@ohare.Chicago.COM> Martin Fiddler <entmlf@staffs.ac.uk> writes:
>> [ wondering why gasper outlets are disappearing from modern aircraft ]
>>So, why don't modern aircraft have individual air vents any more?

QANTAS 747-400s have them, BA 747-400s don't (at least the ones I've been
on).  I asked one of the BA flight attendants how I was supposed to control
the ventilation (particularly as I was down the back near the smoking
section) and was told that "modern aircraft didn't need them".  Ha!

>It is because it is now a purchaser option, and the purchasing airline
>declined tou buy it.
>
>Write a nasty letter to the cheap little airline that declined to buy it!

So what else does that cheap little airline cut back on?

Michael
--
Michael Page
map@hal.maths.monash.edu.au