Re: Did the Chinese ever attempt to copy the 707?

From:         Jennings Heilig <jheilig@gate.net>
Date:         11 Sep 95 21:27:29

Although I can't lay my hands on the book in question, I have a book
which has a photo of a 707 lookalike produced by the Chinese ca. 1975.
Why in the world they went to all the trouble, I have no idea, but they
did indeed build one.  I have no idea what it was called, or if it ever
flew, but there was a photo of it in the book...

It wasn't quite as true a copy as the Tu-4 Bull was of the B-29, as the
cockpit windows were done differently, but it definitely had JT3D
nacelles right off of the 707.  More information if I can find the book.

Jennings Heilig