Re: Dornier 328

From:         rickydik@ix.netcom.com (Ralph Ricks )
Date:         11 Sep 95 21:27:27

In <airliners.1995.1425@ohare.Chicago.COM> <dale.tuttle@ciesin.org>
writes:
>Warren <wodelll@micron.net> wrote:
>>Horizon Air, which was the fisrt operator of the Dornier 328 has had alot
>>of problems with the performance of this aircraft, for example they are
>>not able to fly in temp. over 85 degrees ...

Why am I not surprised?  The Europeans do not understand hot weather.
One of the biggest problems with the FOkker 100 is air conditioning
packs that are too small for the plane in hot climates.
When it gets to 95 degrees F, the A320 packs start failing excessively,
and the engines spike over-temp.
Even all my friends and acquaintances with Mercedes have experienced
air conditioning failures at $2,000+ each.
Ralph