Dutch Roll

From:         Andrew Goldfinger <Andy.Goldfinger@aplmail.jhuapl.edu>
Organization: apl
Date:         10 Sep 95 13:26:29 
Followups:    1 2 3
Next article
View raw article
  or MIME structure

I know that Dutch roll is a coupled yaw and roll oscillation that occurs
in swept wing aircraft.

What I don't know is why it is called "Dutch" roll.  Does anyone know the
origin of the term?